Monday, May 4, 2009

daily burger, number five.


Lindner Bison 100% grass fed burger with homemade barbeque sauce and carmelized onions, protein style. Grilled corn.
My kitchen, DTLA, CA., 6:41 PM, May 4, 2009.

Now this was a special burger. I've spoken with Kathy Lindner of on a previous farmers' market trip and this time we were ready to invest in some of her meat. She suggested we start with the ground meat, which worked out perfectly for this month's experiment. I purchase natural ground buffalo meat from the supermarket regularly as a beef alternative-- gosh, we even feed our dog buffalo--but this was so far superior. The color was richer, flavor deeper, and I felt confident that I could make the perfect rare-medium rare burger because I knew that the meat was fresh and trustworthy.



All in all, a wonderful experience. Next time, I'm going to try something more exotic... Kathy recommended Ossobucco to ease my way into a cut involving marrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment